A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Sorry for the lack of Updates...



But I've been rather busy as of late. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa.

So it seems that our perfidious book-cooker Finance Minister Ralph Good(fornothing)ale has done some fiddling with our enormous surplus in order to make it seem like it's something(!) smaller that what it actually is. Apparently there was a lot of last minute spending (all for those vote-getting social issues of course) when the Liberals realized that perhaps Canadians might start to question the necessity of all these taxes we're paying. Minister Goodale has this to say:

"It clearly demonstrates the benefits of prudent, long-term fiscal planning."

No, I think it actually demonstrates what happens when you tax the citizens to death. Conservative Finance Critic (and all around bang-up guy) Monte Solberg gets it right:

"It's outrageous, how the government has manipulated the books to try and hide the true size of the surplus," said Conservative finance critic Monte Solberg.

"This is a cooking of the books that sets a new standard for dishonesty. If this happened in corporate Canada, heads would roll and investors would demand a true accounting."

Good on ya, Monte.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

2 Old Comments:

Dear Dante,

I just wanted to let you know a few things.

First, I'd like to link to your blog. I've saved you to a favorites folder, and I plan on adding you to a new section I'm going to put on my sidebar eventually, entitled "Friends" or something. Do you mind? I like your blog, and it's nice to know not everyone in Canada is a liberal fool.

Secondly, as a tip, you may want to turn on letter verification so you don't get all the spam (see above). I started a blog about a month ago and that became a serious problem. It's best to nip it in the bud.

Well, to rap it up, welcome to the blogosphere, and may you blog long and prosper!

Best wishes,
Daniel Christianson
A fellow conservative, on the other side of the border

By Blogger Daniel Christianson, at 11:53 PM  

Thanks for the advice Daniel, I will do that. And by all means, feel free to link to me!

By Blogger Danté, at 9:14 PM