A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Globe and Mail: Liberal, Liberal, RA RA RA!!!


Did anyone else read the Globe today?



I can't sit down and eat without something to read, so I bought a globe today, and I can see the Conservative Bogeyman Media Campaign starting already. For the love of God, we're supposed to expect balanced reporting from these people, and what do we get from the article? Lots of talk about how the Conservatives are going to throw a nasty election campaign...from the Liberals.
Jan. 23 is the likely date of an election that will be triggered when the three opposition parties vote to defeat the 17 month-old minority government tonight and force a nasty, eight week winter election campaign, Liberal sources said yesterday.

Emphasis mine. I love how the article begins by spouting a Liberal talking point. What Bias?



Not only is that one giant pot calling the kettle black, the Globe didn't even interview one Conservative about the coming election! Talk about a one-sided story!



You know, I had some optimism about this upcoming campaign, but something makes me think we're in for more of the same.



Anyhow, I'll be meeting with Peter McKay this Friday, and we'll see what he says about tonight's vote. More later.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

1 Old Comments:

There's going to be a lot of media
bias favouring the liberals in this
election campaign. I hope the the Conservatives didn't wake a sleeping giant. I want a change.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 AM