A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Conservatives to Cut GST!!!

Apparently this morning Harper is going to announce his plan to cut the GST! Solid idea, and I think it will gain him a lot of votes! Actually, to tell you the truth I was expecting this move, clever one that I am. I think that this will really help us out substantially.



Of course this will mean less taxes for social programs....BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding, but I had you going there, didn't I? God knows we are overtaxed as it is, a reduction in the GST isn't going to break the bank. That would take, you know, excessive spending. Like say, $32 billion. Now why does that number sound familiar...?



Bonus! In this article, Marc Garneau actually seems to sound kind of...positive (?) about the Conservatives? Or maybe it's just that I expect to hear nothing but filth from the mouths of Liberals and neutral comments thus seem like compliments?



Good move, Harper! Now don't self-destruct, dammit!
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

4 Old Comments:

Excellent news!! Now *this* is something voters understand!

By Anonymous kariba, at 10:30 AM  

I would prefer to see the GST eliminated entirely. Comments at http://www.robertphillips.ca/index.php?blog=1&title=go_big_or_go_home_eliminate_the_gst&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

By Anonymous Robert Phillips, at 11:25 AM  

R U Kidding!!!!!!

Anyone stupid enough to believe that any government at any time has ever cut taxes need a quick one way deportation to the U.S.

Anytime supposed taxes have been cut...they have been conviently shuffled around into items good and services that are never seen or investigated by the Canadian consumer.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 PM  

"Anyone stupid enough to believe that any government at any time has ever cut taxes need a quick one way deportation to the U.S."

...so that they can observe the tax cuts the US recently implemented?

Pardon my disbelief at your statements, but I'd be a lot more willing to listen to the arguments of someone who doesn't begin their reparté's with " R U Kidding!!!!!!"

By Blogger Danté, at 10:53 PM