A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

God I Hate Fossils

It's 3:01 AM. I'm pulling so many late nights lately that I might start giving Blue Blogging Soapbox a run for its money. Tonight the reason for my forced insomnia is the cataloguing and dating of over 100 different fossils for a Paleontology Lab midterm tomorrow afternoon. God almighty, they're interesting things to look at but are they ever maddening.



So naturally I thought I'd share some of the pictures I'm cataloguing with you. This actually helps me, because I have to recall from memory the phylogenetic classification of these things as well as the geological era they came from. Enjoy your free crash course in natural history, courtesy of Uncommon Truths:



Phylum Mollusca, Subphylum Cephalopoda, Class Ammonoidea (Cretaceous)



Phlyum Porifera, Class Archaeocyathida (An extinct sponge group from the Cambrian)

Phylum Arthropoda, Subphylum Trilobitomorpha, Order Phacopida (A Trilobite!)

Anyhoo, I hope you enjoyed those three. I'm off to get some sleep. Tomorrow morning I critique a man's sloppy attempt at research in a seminar class on the Holocaust and defend Pius XII against revisionist history. Should be quite a day tomorrow.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

2 Old Comments:

After trilobites, I think brachiopods are the coolest.

By Blogger Homie Bear, at 3:42 AM  

Ick, don't get me started on Brachiopods... :)

By Blogger Danté, at 3:46 AM