A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Friday, July 21, 2006

War Soon

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't like where this is going.

It's clear at this point that Israel is going to invade southern Lebanon in an attempt to eliminate Hezbollah. Right now, it's only a matter of when. With all the sabre-rattling being done by Syria and Iran, I fully expect that they will come to the aid of Lebanon in an effort to get rid of 'those pesky Jews' once and for all.

I'm of the opinion that Israel clearly has a right to defend itself from aggressors. I'm also a student of history, and my knowledge of the background of this region tells me that any invasion of Lebanon by Israeli ground forces could mean a very costly war with both Syria and Iran. While I'd like to see both Israel and Hezbollah de-escalate this mess, I'm not so naive as to believe that's going to happen. Hezbollah is out for Jewish blood. Israel is out to make sure that doesn't happen.

Israel is going to invade - that much is certain. I hope that this stays a limited conflict - nonetheless every instinct tells me that Israel is about to fight its Seventh War.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

0 Old Comments: