A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Monday, October 23, 2006

A Few Choice Turner Quotes


"Everybody who makes up the government should be elected. They should be elected as members of the party that forms the government. Anybody who switches parties should go back to the people. To do otherwise is to place politicians above the people when, actually, it's the other way around."
......

"Turner announced earlier this week that he hopes to push ahead with legislation that would deter future David Emersons and Belinda Stronachs from switching political parties..."
......

"The irony is that I'’ve been a Conservative longer than most people who call themselves that these days and my beliefs have not changed. I did not leave my party, or my convictions, at the caucus room door..."

And finally:


"And after stating many a time that Belinda Stronach should have sought a by-election after her defection, how could I not say the same obvious thing now?"

Just in case you've forgotten your principles, Garth. Whether you were turfed out of caucus is irrelevant. If you should indeed decide to join the Green Party, put your money where your mouth is and face the voters of Halton.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

0 Old Comments: