A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Garth Turner: Get That Light Away From Me!!!

Every time I head on over to Garth's blog (I don't think I can even count that on one hand), I find myself amused at the fact that there seems to be so few negative comments posted. The typical comment found at the Turner Report Blog is usually "Hi Garth, you're swell! How 'bout those Tories, huh? They sure don't seem to get it!"

Well, there's a reason for that: Garth (or his tech guy) deletes all of the negative comments left there. I left a critical comment (linking to Kate's satire of Turner's "all-me, all-the-time" style) and by the end of the day, surprise surprise, it had disappeared.'

I expected this. Politicians are always overly concerned about controlling the amount of criticism they receive in public, let alone if said politician's name is Garth Turner. But here's a hint, Turner. When you say:
"Garth Turner welcomes feedback, messages of support, or comments of criticism from all Canadians."*
You'd better follow through on it. Otherwise, you aren't telling the truth. And you're aware of what that would make you, aren't you Garth?

When you had my comment removed, you muzzled the free speech of a Canadian citizen. You censored me. And in doing so, for all your grandiose talk about how you're concerned over the "muzzling" of Tory MP's by the government, you showed yourself to be nothing more than a hypocrite. The motto of this blog is "politics is inherently stupid." When it comes to Garth, there's no question about it.





-EDIT- I got this message when trying to publish this post.
(sarcasm)
Wonder if Garth was involved. (sarcasm)

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

0 Old Comments: