A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Danny Williams...

Is starting to get on my nerves. And I'm a Newfoundlander.

As much as these actions grind my gears, I'm more unhappy with the Federal government for breaking its promise to my province. With the situation as it stands, it's getting very hard for me to deny that this budget (politically successful as it is) sold off Newfoundland and Labrador for votes in Quebec.

Of course it's understandable that Newfoundland and Labrador doesn't show up on the Federal radar. With only 7 seats in the House of Commons (and only three of those Conservative), what chance do we have of making our concerns heard? No matter what party forms the government, it's always the same - "Shag 'em, they've only got seven seats."

It's also understandable that such little funding was allocated for Newfoundland. How else would the government afford shovelling three billion dollars at Quebec?

I'm both a Conservative and a Newfoundlander, and this is putting me in an awful position in terms of whom I'm supposed to support here.

Labels:

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

0 Old Comments: