A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Muslim Women Rights Group Ponders Human Rights Case

I don't have a position on this particular case. On the one hand, I don't think allowing the hijab to be worn during a soccer match is that big a deal, but on the other hand FIFA has made its ruling on the matter.

I do think however, that this group's time would be better spent fighting for the rights of Muslim women in the middle east (or perhaps against the notion of the hijab in the first place). You'll pardon my cultural intolerance when I say that I think its a little archaic to force women to cover themselves up because it's 'sinful' otherwise. If that's the case, force men to wear the hijab.

Labels:

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

0 Old Comments: