A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Suzuki Should Lay Off The Pot

Pope David Suzuki now believes that the federal government is targeting him and his charitable organization because of his attacks on the Government's Green Plan:


"I am being hounded by the current government because I have a foundation that has my name and so they're trying to take away my charitable [status]," he said in a speech on Monday in Toronto at a conference of the American Public Transportation Association.


Of course, the Globe and Mail was on hand to ask ridiculous questions:


The Canada Revenue Agency, the federal body that audits charities, refused to answer questions on whether it is going after Mr. Suzuki's group. Spokeswoman Colette Gentes-Hawn says the agency doesn't comment on investigations.
(emphasis mine)


Yes, it's all a big conspiracy. I'll have more on this story very soon.

(h/t National Newswatch)

Labels: ,

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

0 Old Comments: