A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

This...

...is just creepy. I read an article about it the other day and, unfortunately, my curiosity got the better of me. Basically, the site's operators comb through death reports in the media, untimely or otherwise, and then search MySpace to see if the late individual had a profile. A word of caution: reading through reports of how individuals met their tragic end and then viewing their MySpace page, frozen in time from when they were still alive, is just downright spooky. It's as if their page defies their death, living on as some sort of ghostly spectre that doesn't end when they do. I guess the most morbid and unsettling fact of all is that everyone is so young - after all, 8o-year-olds don't tend to be heavy computer users. All in all, it's quite an eerie reminder of our own mortality.

--Update--
Looks like I'm not the only one with a morbid curiosity - the site has received so much traffic due to media saturation that it went down for a while.

Labels: ,

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

0 Old Comments: