A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Ottawa Citizen Newsflash! Political Bloggers "Partisan," In Pay of Tories

Whenever we make the news, you can be guaranteed it'll be good for a laugh:


"Unlike most journalists who work in the mainstream media -- the "MSM" in blogger parlance -- bloggers are not constrained by ethics rules that would keep them from taking contracts from the government they write about.

But news of Ms. Tintor's contract comes at a time when the relationship between partisan bloggers and political parties is under increased scrutiny.

Some Liberal strategists grumble that the Tories use sympathetic bloggers to provide political spin that the party cannot or will not, by circulating information that may be misleading, with little accountability." **



First off, Cherniak is ass-deep in the Liberal Party and he also blogs. Where's the story on him? I guess with that story you wouldn't be able to insinuate a deep, shadowy, 'hidden-agenda' style connection between the government and us lowly bloggers.

I don't know about you, but if there's some sort of secret Tory payroll for political bloggers out there, I'm missing out on my cut. Is it because I don't have much time for blogging anymore? Have I displeased you, secret federal overlords? Maybe I missed the last clandestine meeting *wink wink*? I'm just saying, is all. I mean, it's not like we're just doing this because we want to get our own opinions out there.

That would be ridiculous.

(h/t National Newswatch)

Labels: , ,

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

0 Old Comments: