A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Monday, March 24, 2008

On Trolls and Holocaust 'Jokes'

While I think that saying nasty things about somebody's paternal forebears is certainly a reprehensible thing to do, I think people are getting just a little too worked up over the rantings of a random troll in the comments section of someone's blog.

Seriously? Everyone gets in a fuss over this?

People on both sides of the political spectrum get nasty things said to them over the internet all the time - I know I have, on more than one occasion. So has Kate McMillan, Wonder Woman and this time around, Kinsella too. I don't think the rantings of a random troll are indicative of the general attitude of 'the right' anymore than I think they are indicative of that of 'the left'. I think they are indicative of the childishness of the person that posted them - end of story. So my sympathies, but also my candor: learn to grow some thick skin.

**update**
Yes. I noticed the grammatical error as well. And I am kicking myself for it. It's fixed, Sorry.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

0 Old Comments: