A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Garth Turner Responds

Yesterday, I sent an e-mail to Garth Turner with several questions regarding "Turnergate," the recent scandal where Garth and his campaign manager were caught trying to deceive CPAC into thinking that they were filming a random door-to-door encounter with a constituent when they were actually meeting the son of Turner's campaign manager Esther Shaye. The letter can be seen here:

Last night I received a response, although it was not the one I was hoping for:

 Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:48:14 -0400
 From: turnergarth@gmail.com
 To: uncommontruths at hotmail dot com
 Subject: Re: A few Campaign Questions, If You Will
 
 http://www.garth.ca/weblog/2008/09/16/my-mistakes/
 
 Regards,
 Garth
 
That's right, instead of answering any of the questions I asked, I was simply referred to Garth's blog where he gives his excuse for why his story differed so radically from that of CPAC's without even the courtesy of a "hello." I didn't expect to get a response from Garth's campaign at all, but this is essentially the same thing - you didn't answer any of my questions, Garth.

So I fired off another letter:

Mr. Turner,

I have already read the reply you have posted on your website; you have not answered my questions. I would appreciate it if you would answer the questions I have sent you.

Thank you,

Dante


I'm not holding my breath for another response, believe me.

Labels: , ,

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

0 Old Comments: