A great man once said, "Politics is inherently stupid." That great man was me.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Green Shift Swept Under Rug

I don't know who Stéphane Dion thinks he's kidding when he tells us the Green Shift was never an election platform plank - if anything, it was supposed to be the centrepiece of his platform and it still has equal billing with Stéphane Dion himself on the Liberal Party's website menu.

I also don't know who the Toronto Star's Richard Brennan thinks he's kidding when he describes this as a "slight change in approach." Even Richard's colleague at the Star, Les Whittington, described the Green Shift as "Dion's signature election plank.

When you abandon a "signature election plank" it is, by definition, much more than a "slight change in approach." 

Like I said, I don't know who Brennan and Dion are trying to kid, but I'm guessing they're both hoping we've been heavily medicated these past few months.

Labels: , , , ,

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

0 Old Comments: