I have sent an e-mail to Garth Turner asking for answers to several questions regarding "Turnergate," the recent allegations by CPAC that Turner and campaign manager Esther Shaye deceived CPAC into thinking that they were following Turner to the home of a random constituent - when in fact they were visiting the home of Shaye's son
The following is the e-mail. If Garth has any respect for Canadians I urge him to reply to my e-mail and answer my questions regarding this scandal. We will keep you posted if he does.
Hello, Mr. Turner.
I have two questions for you, and I would appreciate it if you could take a minute or so to answer them. I thank you in advance for your time.
In regards to the recent alleged scandal regarding you and door to door campaigning as was covered by CPAC:
1. You have suggested several conflicting stories regarding the CPAC affair; in one instance you claim that CPAC reporter Jonathan Craven (on assignment in Manitoba) was actually in Halton and had met Michael Shaye (your campaign manager's son) outside of his home. Can you explain why Michael Shaye claims to have met a CPAC reporter outside of his home when the reporter was actually in Manitoba at the time?
2. You referred to yourself as "not the architect of this incident" but as simply a "doorknocker." Can you explain why you used the term "architect of this incident," and does it imply that something untoward was going on?
3. Why did your campaign manager, Esther Shaye, tell CPAC anchor Peter van Dusen, on air, "Peter...don't...do this?" when confronted with evidence suggesting that her version of events was not truthful? It clearly sounded as if she was pleading with Peter to not expose this story to public scrutiny. What is Shaye tryng to hide?
4. Will you withdraw from the Race in Halton now that it appears that your campaign has attempted to deceive a national broadcaster and the voters of your riding - and indeed, all Canadians?
5. Will you and Esther Shaye issue a public statement apologizing for engaging in such deceitful behavior?
Thank you for your time,
Labels: Esther Shaye, Garth Turner